What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
SATA’s Unaccompanied Minor Service provides assistance to help check-in and board the minor onto the aircraft. Once onboard the aircraft, the minor is taken care by SATA crew members to ensure the child has the most enjoyable flight possible. Once at the final destination, the minor is accompanied through immigration processes and baggage claim until they are safely delivered to the designated person picking them up.
What are the rules and restrictions for Unaccompanied Minor Service?
- This service is required for all children travelling alone between the ages of 5 and 11. years
- An authorized guardian must accompany the minor to the departure airport and stay with them until the flight departs.
- SATA must be notified of the person bringing the minor to the airport and the person picking the minor up at their destination.
- All minors must carry a valid identification document at all times.
Is this service available on all flights?
Yes, this service is available on all flights.
What are the fees associated with this service?
Fees for the unaccompanied minor service vary depending on location:
- EUR 40 for domestic flights and flights within Europe
- EUR 100 for flights from Portugal to Canada/USA
- CAD 150 for flights from Canada to Portugal
- USD 150 for flights from the USA to Portugal
How do I book this service?
The parent/guardian of the unaccompanied minor may reserve this service by contacting the SATA Contact Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.