Passengers are subject to the following hand luggage restrictions on international and domestic flights:
- Business- 1 piece of hand luggage each with a maximum weight of 10 kg (22 lb) and maxium dimensions of 56cm x 45cm x 25cm
- Economy- 1 piece of hand luggage with a maximum weight of 6 kg (13 lb) and maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Passengers are entitled to the following free baggage allowance based on weight (except on flights to/from Canada and the USA):
- Executive Class- 30 kg
- Economy Class- 20 kg
*The maximum weight per bag is 32 kg
Passengers are entitled to the following free baggage allowance on flights to/from USA:
- Executive Class- 3 pieces of luggage with a total combined weight of 64 kg
- Economy Class- 2 pieces of luggage with a total combined weight of 50 kg
All bags must adhere to the size and weight requirements unless otherwise noted:
- Maximum Dimensions: N/A
- Maximum Weight: 32 kg
Overweight Baggage Fees
Any baggage exceeding the free baggage allowance weight requirements is charged a fee based on a per kilo basis, unless the bag is over 32 kg in which it is charged a flat rate:
Excess weight charges for bags under 32 kg
- Domestic flights- 7 EUR per kilo
- Flights to/from Europe and Africa- 15 EUR per kilo
- Flights to/from Canada- 15 EUR per kilo (20 CAD)
Excess weight charges for bags over 32 kg
- Domestic flights- 50 EUR flat rate
- Flights to/from Europe and Africa- 50 EUR flat rate
- Flights to/from Canada- N/A
Excess Baggage Fees
Any baggage exceeding the free baggage allowance (extra piece) is charged a 150 EUR fee per bag
SATA applies special baggage fees to all sports equipment. The following sports equipment can be transported as checked baggage: surfboards, kayaks, delta gliders, bicycles, ski/snowboards, golf equipment, diving equipment, para gliders. Any equipment exceeding the designated size and weight will be charged an extra per kilo fee.
- Surfboards: must be smaller than 250cm long and must not exceed 10kg.
- Kayak and long surfboards: length is over 250cm and equipment cannot exceed 20 kg.
- Delta gliders: equipment must not exceed 20 kg.
- Bicycles: must not exceed 20 kg.
- Ski/snowboard: includes one pair of skis or a snowboard. Equipment must not exceed 10 kg.
- Golf equipment: includes one golf bag, set of clubs, golf balls, one golf jacket, one cap, one pair of golf shoes, and one umbrella.
- Diving equipment: includes and empty oxygen cylinder, regulator, and hunting weapon. Equipment must not exceed 20 kg.
- Para gliders: must not exceed 20 kg.
Charges associated with the transportation of sports equipment vary depending on destination. More information on fees can be found of SATA’s website here
The information on this page is true and correct at the time of publication. Because airlines reserve the right to change policies at any time, see SATA.com for official and up-to-date baggage restrictions.