Does Sun Country have online check-in?
Yes, Sun Country's Online Check-in allows you to check-in up to 24 hours before your flight departs. All you need is an internet connection and a printer!
What are the requirements for using Online Check-in?
- Check-in 6-24 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart.
- You are traveling in a group that is less than 7 people.
- You are not a special needs passenger (i.e. unaccompanied minor).
- You are not traveling with an infant.
- You are not flying internationally.
Make sure you leave enough time at the airport to get through security, check your bags, etc.
Can I use Online Check-in if I have bags to check?
You may use online check-in even if you have luggage. As long as you have the boarding pass you printed during the online check-in process you may check your luggage with a skycap curbside (where available). You may also check your luggage with an agent at the ticket counter. You can also pre-pay for your checked baggage online. Pre-paying for checked baggage is available up to 24 hours prior to flight departure.
Can I change/select my seat during Online Check-In?
You can select your seats for a fee within 24 hours of departure by clicking 'Check-in' in the 'Traveling & Check-in' drop-down menu on suncountry.com or by clicking here.
You may also select seats for you and others on your reservation prior to 24 hours before your flight at a cost of $8 per person for coach class seats. To select your seats, click on 'Check-in' in the 'Traveling & Check-in' drop-down menu on suncountry.com or click here.
If I plan to check in at the airport, how much time should I allot?
- Sun Country recommends checking-in as early as possible. Flights are available for in-person check-in 2 hours prior to departure at all designated Sun Country locations.
- Domestic flights: Sun Country Airlines recommends you be at the airport not less than 60 minutes prior to your scheduled departure. If your flight departs from Los Angeles, New York, Orlando, or Washington, D.C., Sun Country recommends you check in 90 minutes prior to departure. Due to airport construction in Las Vegas, Sun Country recommends you check in 2 hours prior to departure.
- International flights: Passengers traveling to/from Mexico or the Caribbean are required to be checked in 90 minutes before their scheduled departure.
- Most airport ticket counters close 30 minutes prior to departure to allow for additional security measures before the aircraft doors close. Note: Los Angeles, New York, Orlando, Tampa and Washington, D.C. check in counters close 45 minutes prior to departure. Due to construction, the Las Vegas check in counter closes 1 hour prior to departure.