Carry-On Allowance: 1 Bag + 1 Personal Item
Each passenger is allowed to carry on one bag and one personal item such as a purse or briefcase. Assistive devices and outer garments do not count as personal items. All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you and adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 45 linear in/114 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 35 lb/16 kg
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
No Free Checked Baggage Allowance
Bags checked at the airport:
- 1st Piece: $20 each way
- 2nd Piece: $30 each way
- Each Additional Piece: $75
Baggage pre-paid online up to 24 hours before flight:
- 1st Piece: $15 each way
- 2nd Piece: $25 each way
- Each Additional Piece: $75
Each bag must adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/157 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight: 50 lb/23 kg
Overweight Baggage Fees*
Fee for any bag weighing 51-99 lb: $75
Bags weighing more than 100 lb will not be accepted.
*Overweight baggage fees are in addition to the flat checked baggage fees.
Oversize Baggage Fees*
Fee for any bag between 63-115 in: $75
Bags with overall dimensions that exceed 115 inches will not be accepted.
*Oversized baggage fees are in addition to the flat checked baggage fees.
One of the following sporting equipment items may be substituted for one piece of checked baggage:
- Fishing Equipment: One (1) item of fishing equipment consists of: two (2) rods up to six (6) feet in length, one (1) reel, one (1) landing net, one (1) pair of fishing boots (properly encased), and one (1) fishing tackle box.
- Golfing Equipment: One (1) item of golfing equipment consists of: one (1) golf bag containing not more than 20 golf clubs and one (1) pair of golf shoes.
- Skiing Equipment: One (1) item of skiing equipment consists of: one (1) pair of skis, one (1) pair of ski poles, one (1) pair of ski bindings, and one (1) pair of ski boots; or one (1) snowboard, one (1) set of bindings, and one (1) pair of boots. A maximum of two (2) pairs of skis per bag will be allowed. Skis and snowboards can be up to six (6) feet in length. NOTE: Items in excess of the allowance will be subject to excess baggage charges for a single piece, whether or not presented as a single piece.
- Bowling Equipment: One (1) item of bowling equipment consists of: one (1) bowling ball, one (1) bowling bag, and one (1) pair of bowling shoes. NOTE: Items in excess of allowances will be subject to charges. The following sporting equipment will be accepted as checked baggage, but will not be included in determining the free baggage allowance. These items will be subject to a specified charge per item.
The following sporting equipment will not be counted as a piece of your checked baggage allowance, and require additional fees. (NOTE: Sun Country does not provide bags or boxes for items listed below. Please call Sun Country Reservations at 1-800-359-6786 or 651-905-2737 for Minneapolis/St. Paul local calls (Mon-Sun, 5am-Midnight Central Time), if you plan to bring any of the following items on you on your trip.)
- Bicycles: Sun Country will accept non-motorized touring or racing bicycles with single seats. Bicycles must have the handlebars fixed sideways and the pedals removed, or be placed in a cardboard container, or the pedals and the handlebars must be encased in plastic foam or similar material. The charge is $75 per bicycle on all flights.
- Scuba-Diving Equipment: One item of scuba diving equipment consists of: One (1) regulator, one (1) pressure gauge, one (1) mask, two (2) fins, one (1) snorkel, one (1) knife, one (1) spear gun and one (1) BC-vest (cannot contain air cartridges). The charge is $75 on all flights. These items must be placed in a container that prevents damage to the equipment. Like all passenger airlines, we are prohibited from transporting scuba diving tanks, even if they are empty.
- Surfboard/Wakeboard: The charge for one (1) surfboard checked as baggage is $75 on all flights. The maximum length is five (5) feet.
- Windsurfing Equipment: One item of windsurfing equipment consists of: One (1) windsurfing board with a wooden boom, one (1) mast with a maximum length of five (5) feet and one (1) sail. The charge is $75 on all flights.