Carry-On Allowance: 1 Bag + 1 Personal Item
Each passenger is allowed to carry on one bag and one personal item such as a purse or briefcase. Assistive devices and outer garments do not count as personal items. All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you and adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 22in x 18in x 9in/55cm x 40cm x 23cm (length x width x height)
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 8 kg
- *Economy Extra and Business Class passengers are allowed one additional carry-on as long as it meets the above requirements.
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Checked Baggage Allowance
Passengers traveling to/from the USA, Europe, or Asia:
- Economy Baggage Allowance: 1 piece weighing up to 50 lbs (23 kgs).
- Economy Extra Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces each weighing up to 50 lbs (23 kgs).
- Flex/Full Flex/Business Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces each weighing up to 70 lbs (32 kgs).
- *EuroBonus Gold and Star Alliance Gold members are permitted to bring 3 pieces of baggage.
Excess, Overweight, and Oversize Baggage Fees
If you have more bags than the permitted allowance or your bags exceed the weight or linear restrictions, you will be charged a per kilogram fee depending on which zone in which you are flying:
- Zone 1, Domestic DK (except for Greenland)NO/SE within Scandinavia and between Scandinavia and Finland: €5/kg
- Zone 2, Within Europe (including Greenland)*: €10/kg
- Zone 3, Between Europe and the Middle East: €20/kg
- Zone 4, Between Europe and South America, Africa and Asia**: €30/kg
- Zone 5, Between Europe and the South West Pacific Area: €40/kg
- For flights to/from the US: The excess baggage charge is a fixed amount, depending on the destination and the size/weight of the baggage. Contact SAS for more information.
* Zone 2: CIS countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia, Ukrania.
** Zone 4: CIS countries: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
Maximum baggage weight per item is 32 kg (70lbs)
Some checked items, such as surfboards and bicycles will be charged a fixed handling fee because of size, fragility, or other handling requirements. Contact SAS directly for more information.