What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Young children traveling without a parent or legal guardian are considered to be unaccompanied minors. Most airlines provide a service to assist these children from their point of departure to their final destination.
What age does my child have to be to qualify as an Unaccompanied Minor?
The service is mandatory for children ages 5-12 traveling without an adult who is at least 18 years old.
Children under 5 years of age are not allowed to travel unless accompanied by an adult who is at least 18 years old (family member, guardian, or other appointed person).
What are the fees associated with this service?
Contact Hainan Airlines Reservations for fee information.
Are there any flight restrictions?
- Request the service at the time of booking and at least 48 hours in advance of traveling.
- Hainan Airlines cannot accept children on itineraries which involve a night-stop or a connection/stopover, unless the parent/guardian has arranged for the child to be met and cared for at the connection station. Full contact details must be provided before the child can be accepted for the first flight.
- Please show the valid identification of applier and travel documents of unaccompanied minors. Please fill out the Unaccompanied Minor Request form, which can be found on hnair.com under "Special Passenger."
- Please note that a cancellation or reissue fee will be incurred if the service is not requested at the time of booking.
- Unaccompanied minors traveling on international or regional flights will be charged at adult fares.
- If booking through travel agent, please have the unaccompanied minor's passport when booking. It is important to check that all visas and other formalities have been completed.