Does Delta Air Lines have Online Check-in?
Yes, Delta Air Lines' Online Check-in allows you to check-in up to 24 hours before your flight departs. All you need is an internet connection and a printer or, at certain airports, you can go paperless and have an eBoarding Pass delivered right to your mobile device!
What are the requirements for using Online Check-in?
- Check-in any time within 24 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart.
- You have an electronic ticket for a confirmed reservation.
- You are traveling to/from the United States, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands. For international travel, a Delta agent will need to check your passport credentials.
- You are traveling on Delta, Delta Connection, Delta Shuttle, Song, and when connecting on Delta's Through Check-in partners (Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Northwest Airlines, U.S. Airways).
- You are not a special needs passenger (ie. Unaccompanied Minor).
- You do not require a Visa for travel.
- To access your itinerary online you will need your SkyMiles, confirmation, credit card, or eTicket number.
Make sure you leave enough time at the airport to get through security, check your bags etc.
Can I use Online Check-in if I have bags to check?
Yes, simply drop off checked baggage at the nearest baggage drop at your local airport, marked with red "Baggage Drop" signage, or curbside check-in station. In addition, you will save $2 on your first checked bag and $3 on your second checked bag when you check-in online rather than at the airport.
Can I change/select my seat with Online Check-in?
Yes, when you use Online Check-in you can:
- Change/Select your seat.
Does Delta Air Lines have Mobile Check-in?
Yes, Delta Air Lines' Mobile Check-in allows you to access your eBoarding Pass right from your PDA, web-enabled phone, or PC within 24 hours of your departure. Once you choose the “eBoarding Pass” check-in option, and submit either your mobile email address or phone number, the eBoarding Pass will be sent to your device. If you have more than one flight, an eBoarding Pass will be sent to your mobile device for each flight.
When you arrive at the airport, show your eBoarding Pass to TSA Security and the gate agent for scanning.
Which airports support Delta Air Lines Mobile Check-in?
Mobile check-in has been implemented at the following airports: Albuquerque (ABQ), Anchorage (ANC), Atlanta (ATL), Berlin-Tegel, Germany (TXL), Boston (BOS), Charlotte (CLT), Chicago-Midway (MDW), Chicago-O'Hare (ORD), Cincinnati (CVG), Denver (DEN), Des Moines (DSM), Detroit (DTW), Dusseldorf, Germany (DUS), Fayetteville-Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA), Fort Myers (RSW), Frankfurt, Germany (FRA), Grand Rapids (GRR), Hartford/Springfield (BDL), Houston-George Bush International (IAH), Indianapolis (IND), Jackson Hole (JAC), Las Vegas (LAS), Little Rock (LIT), London - Heathrow, United Kingdom (LHR), London - Gatwick, United Kingdom (LGW), Memphis (MEM), Miami (MIA), Milan-Malpensa, Italy (MXP), Milwaukee (MKE), Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP), Munich, Germany (MUC), New Orleans (MSY), New York-LaGuardia Airport (LGA), Oklahoma City (OKC), Orange County (SNA), Orlando (MCO), Philadelphia (PHL), Phoenix (PHX), Pisa, Italy (PSA), Rome, Italy (FCO), St. Louis (STL), Salt Lake City (SLC), San Antonio (SAT), San Diego (SAN), San Jose (SJC), Seattle (SEA), Stuttgart, Germany (STR), Tampa (TPA), Tulsa (TUL), Venice, Italy (VCE), Washington, D.C. - Dulles (IAD), and Washington, D.C. - Reagan International (DCA).
If I plan to check in at the airport, how much time should I allot?
- For domestic flights (other than Shuttle flights), the cut-off time for checking baggage is 30 minutes before your flight's departure time.
- If you are traveling from Atlanta, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York (Laguardia), Newark, Orlando, Philadelphia, Reno, San Antonio, San Juan, Washington (Dulles), or Washington (Reagan) the cut-off is 45 minutes.
- If you are traveling from New York (JFK), St. Croix, or St. Thomas the cut-off is 60 minutes.
- For international flights, the cut-off time for checking baggage is 60 minutes before your flight's departure time.
- If you are traveling from Accra, Amman, Bogota, Bucharest, Dakar, Lagos, Nassau, Providenciales, St. George, or St. Lucia the cut-off can be up to 2 hours prior to scheduled departure time.
- If you are traveling from Istanbul or Moscow the cut-off can be up to 3 hours prior to scheduled departure time.
When do I need to be at the boarding gate?
- Domestic passengers: at least 15 minutes before your scheduled departure time
- International passengers: at least 45 minutes before your scheduled departure time