What methods of transport does Air China provide for my pet?
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel as checked baggage:
- Your pet is contained in a kennel that will prevent it from harming any person or baggage.
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel for the entire flight.
- Each pet over 14 kg / 30.8 lb must be contained in its own kennel.
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information).
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Fees vary based on route. Contact Air China for more information.
What are the kennel requirements?Air China require that kennels meet the following requirements:
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
What health documentation is required?
While Air China does not require a health certificate for your animal to travel domestically, some countries do require health documents. It is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations.
Are there any other restrictions?
Air China can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal. Air China requires passengers who will be traveling with pets to contact their Reservation Office in advance.