What methods of transport does Air China provide for my pet?
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel as checked baggage:
- Your pet is a dog, cat, or bird
- Your pet is contained in a kennel that will prevent it from harming any person or baggage
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel for the entire flight
- No more than 2 pets per container weighting up to 30.8 lbs (14 kg) each
- Maximum weight per container with 1 or 2 pets is 99 lbs (45 kg)
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Fees vary based on route. Contact Air China for more information.
Do I need to make a reservation?
Yes, you must submit a pet shipping request to our designated direct sales office one day prior to flight departure and complete a Pet Shipping Reservation Request. You must also arrive to the airport with your pet 120 minutes before departure.