- First: Two pieces not exceeding 22" x 14" x 9"
- Business: Two pieces - First piece not exceeding 22" x 14" x 9"; second piece must be a garment bag not exceeding 20cm after folding
- Economy: One piece not exceeding 22" x 14" x 9"
In addition to your allotted carry-on baggage allowance, you may also carry a personal item free of charge. Assistive devices and outer garments do not count as personal items. All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Checked Baggage Allowance
Domestic and international flights, excluding flights between China and the US, and Canada and Brazil (limited to tickets sold in Brazil for flights departing from Brazil):
- Free baggage allowance: 44 lb/20 kg
Business and First Class:
- First class: 88 lb/40 kg
- Business class: 66 lb/30 kg
Platinum Card Members:
66 lb/30 kg above the standard baggage allowance, regardless of class/route
Gold and Silver Card Members:
44 lb/20 kg above the standard baggage allowance, regardless of class/route
Infants not occupying a seat, paying 10% of adult fare:
- Free baggage allowance: 22 lb/10 kg
- An additional folding baby carriage or cradle may be checked. Provided that the cabin space permits, such folding baby carriage or cradle may be taken into the cabin with the approval of Chief Attendant.
For flights to/from the US, Canada and certain countries in South and Central America, the piece system applies. Each passenger is allowed two pieces of luggage. For specific information on size and weight, as well as further baggage allowance for frequent flyers, click here.
Oversize and Excess Baggage
For any luggage exceeding the weight limit using the weight method, a 1.5% surcharge will be levied on each additional kilogram. This fee will be calculated based on the highest regular fare for a direct flight economy class ticket of the day the overweight luggage check is issued. For the piece method, different conditions apply. Click here for further information.
Golfing, surfing, windsurfing, snow/water skiing, and body-boarding equipment is accepted at an excess baggage fee charge. Fees depend on whether your flight baggage allowance is measured with the weight or piece system. Click here for more information.