Does WestJet have online check-in?
Yes, WestJet's Web Check-in allows you to check-in up to 24 hours before your scheduled departure. You can print your boarding pass or email it to your mobile device.
What are the requirements for using Web Check-in?
- Check in 60 minutes to 24 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart.
- You have a confirmed reservation.
- You are not a special needs passenger. Unaccompanied minor, guests travelling with a personal oxygen cylinder, guests who have purchased an extra seat and guests travelling in a group of more than nine guests with the same last name must check in with a WestJet agent at Guest Assistance.
- You must bring your boarding pass and passport to the airport at least 60 minutes prior to flights within Canada and 90 minutes prior to scheduled U.S./international flights.
Can I use Web Check-in if I have bags to check?
Yes, you will be able to print your boarding pass at home but will have to drop your bags at WestJet Self Service/Bag Drop at the airport before the cut-off time.
Can I change/select my seat with Web Check-in?
Yes, you can change or select your seat during Web Check-in.
If I plan to check in at the airport, how much time should I allot?
WestJet passengers are advised to be through security and at their departure gate 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of their flight. Passengers arriving at the gate less than 10 minutes prior to departure risk losing their reserved seat.
For domestic flights within Canada:
- WestJet requires that you are checked in at least 60 minutes before your flight's scheduled departure time.
For international flights to/from the U.S.:
- WestJet recommends you arrive at the airport 2 hours before your flight's scheduled departure time.