What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Vietnam Airline’s Unaccompanied Minor Service provides assistance to help check-in and board the minor onto the aircraft. Once onboard the aircraft, the minor is taken care of if any special needs arise. Once at the final destination, the minor is accompanied through immigration processes and baggage claim until they are safely delivered to the designated person picking them up.
What are the rules and restrictions for Unaccompanied Minor Service?
The extent of this service varies depending on the age of the minor.
For minors between 2 and 6 years old:
- Each minor must be accompanied by a cabin crew member at all times
- Service request must be made at least 3 days prior to the scheduled departure for domestic flights and 5 days prior to the scheduled departure for international flights
- Minors are only accepted in Economy class
For minors between 6 and 14 years old
- Minors can travel alone without cabin crew assistance
- Service must be requested at least 24 hours prior to the flight departure
- Minors can be accepted in Business or Economy Class as long as the total number of minors in Business Class does not exceed 10% seat capacity
Is this service available on all flights?
Yes, this service is available on all Vietnam Airlines flights.
What are the fees associated with this service?
Current Unaccompanied Minor Service fares and fees may be found here.
How do I book this service?
In order to order this service, passengers should contact Vietnam Airlines’ booking agent directly. From the US, Vietnam Airlines can be reached at 1-866-677-8909 or by email at email@example.com