Does United Airlines have online check-in?
Yes, United Airlines' EasyCheck-in allows you to check-in up to 24 hours before your flight departs. All you need is an internet connection and a printer!
What are the requirements for using EasyCheck-in?
- Check-in begins 24 hours before and ends 45 minutes prior to your domestic flight's scheduled departure time.
- You must have an electronic ticket on a United, Ted or United Express flight.
- You must be traveling within the U.S. or an eligible airport outside the U.S.
- You are not a special needs passenger (ie. Unaccompanied Minor).
- You must be traveling with less than 10 people in your party.
Make sure you leave enough time at the airport to get through security, check your bags etc.
Can I use EasyCheck-in if I have bags to check?
Yes, you will be able to print your boarding pass at home but will have to drop your bags with a United Airlines skycap or at an EasyCheck-in Kiosk at the airport before the cut-off time.
Can I change/select my seat with EasyCheck-in?
Yes, when you use EasyCheck-in you can:
- Change/Select your seat.
- Request an upgrade.
- Confirm an upgrade.
Does United Airlines offer Mobile Check-in?
Yes, United Airlines now offers mobile check-in. Use your mobile device to check in for flights within the U.S. and eligible airports outside the U.S. You may access mobile check-in starting 24 hours prior to your scheduled departure. Check-in closes 45 minutes before departure.
If I plan to check in at the airport, how much time should I allot?
For domestic travel:
- If you are checking bags, United recommends that you arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before your flight is scheduled to depart.
- If you are not checking bags, United recommends that you arrive at the airport at least 60 minutes before your flight is scheduled to depart.
If you are traveling internationally, United recommends you arrive at the airport at least 2 hours before your flight.
When do I need to be at the boarding gate?
- Domestic passengers: at least 30 minutes before departure time
- International passengers: at least 45 minutes before departure time