Carry-On Allowance: 1 piece
All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. In addition to a personal item (overcoat, laptop, purse) passengers are allowed one carry-on bag whose dimensions (length + height + width) does not exceed 115 cm/45 ins and which does not weigh more than 5 kg/11 lbs.
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Checked Baggage Allowance
- Maximum Weight for Economy Class Passengers: 44 lb/20 kg total
- Maximum Weight for Golden Club Class Passengers: 66 lb/30 kg total
- Maximum Weight for First Class Passengers: 88 lb/40 kg total
Enrich Gold members are entitled to an extra 50% baggage allowance over and above their regular baggage allowance.
Excess Baggage Fees
- Travel within Peninsula Malaysia (West Malaysia): RM10 per kg
- Travel within East Malaysia: RM10 per kg
- Travel between West Malaysia and East Malaysia: RM15 per kg
Some sports equipment, because of size, fragility, or other handling requirements will be charged an excess fee even if the equipment replaces one of your allowed baggage pieces. Contact Malaysia Airlines directly for more information.
Infants (on 10% tickets) are allotted one bag with maximum dimensions of 45 in/115cm, which may be carried as cabin baggage, and one fully collapsible baby pushchair or stroller or carrying basket. The weight of the allowed items may not exceed 22 lb/10 kg in total.