Carry-On Allowance: 1 Bag + 1 Personal Item
Each passenger may bring one bag that fits in the overhead bin and one personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop case, etc.) that fits under the seat in front of you. Assistive devices and outer garments do not count as personal items. Closets for hanging garment bags are not available on JetBlue aircraft. All carry-on luggage must adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage on Airbus A320: 26in x 18in x 12in (length x width x height)
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage on Embraer 190: 24in x 16in x 10in (length x width x height)
- Maximum Dimensions of Personal Item on all flights: 18in x 15in x 8in (length x width x height)
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Free Checked Baggage Allowance: 1 Piece
Each passenger is allowed 1 checked bag free of charge as long as each bag adheres to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/157 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight: 50 lb/23 kg
Overweight Baggage Fees
- Fee for any bag weighing 51-70 lb/23-32 kg: $50
- Fee for any bag weighing 71-99 lb/32-45 kg: $100
- Bags weighing more than 99 lb will not be accepted.
Overweight baggage will not be accepted on flights to/from the Dominican Republic. If a bag is both oversize and overweight, the passenger will be charged both fees. Boxes are not accepted on international flights.
Oversize Baggage Fees
- Fee for any bag between 63-80 in/158-203 cm: $75
- Bags exceeding 80 linear inches will not be accepted.
Oversized baggage will not be accepted on flights to/from the Dominican Republic. If a bag is both oversize and overweight, the passenger will be charged both fees.
Excess Baggage Fees
- Fee for second checked bag: $40
- Fee for each additional bag: $75 each
*Passengers who booked prior to June 2, 2009, will be assessed a $20 second bag fee. Passengers traveling to/from the Domincian Republic are limited to two checked bags.
Some checked items, such as surfboards and bicycles will be charged a fixed handling fee because of size, fragility, or other handling requirements while others may be checked in lieu of one of your checked bags. If you plan to travel with sporting equipment, contact JetBlue directly to confirm packing regulations and fees.
The information on this page is true and correct at the time of publication. Because airlines reserve the right to change policies at any time, see jetblue.com for official and up-to-date baggage restrictions.