What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Young children traveling without a parent or legal guardian are considered to be Unaccompanied Minors. Most airlines provide a service to assist these children from their point of departure to their final destination.
What age does my child have to be to qualify as an Unaccompanied Minor?
Children ages 2-4 traveling on Gulf Air must be accompanied and looked after by a pre-arranged Flight Attendant escort (at the guardian's cost). Free crew escorts for children of five years and over who are traveling alone may be requested, but are not guaranteed.
Children under 2 years of age are not allowed to travel unless accompanied by an adult.
What are the fees associated with this service?
Children ages 2-4: 50% of the adult return fare for the route to be traveled by the minor
Children older than 5 years: Free, but the flight attendant escort is not guaranteed
Are there any restrictions?
- You may request an escort for children over the age of four years, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Escorts should be requested at least one week before travel in order that the necessary arrangements be made.
- When booking an escort, please provide Gulf Air staff with the child's name, nationality and spoken language.
- Children traveling on Gulf Air should be accompanied to the airline check-in desk at the airport of departure.
- Please ensure the child is met in the arrival hall of any transfer point and at final destination.
- Gulf Air is solely responsible for Unaccompanied Minors for the duration of the journey, and delivering the child to the airport of final destination.
- Special children's meals are available on Gulf Air, and can be requested when booking a child's ticket or at least 24 hours before departure.
- If the Unaccompanied Minor is ill or mentally/physically impaired, please notify staff at Gulf Air of his/her condition in order that suitable arrangements can be made for special care.
How do I book this service?
Contact Gulf Air Reservations.