What methods of transport does Aeromexico provide for my pet?
Pets may be checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft. Only service animals may travel in the passenger cabin.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
- Only domesticated dogs, cats, and small caged birds, which require a special permit from the authorities, are allowed.
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel, under the seat for the entire flight.
- Dogs and cats must be at least 10 weeks old.
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination. Passengers are responsible for contacting the destination country to arrange the necessary documentation.
What are the kennel requirements?
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
- Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals.
- Be closed securely, but not locked.
- Have labels with the words "Live Animal" in letters at least 1-inch tall on the crate's top and on at least one side.
- Have upright arrow labels indicating kennel's correct position.
What health documentation is required?
Remember that there are restrictions on the importation of animals into certain countries. Passengers are responsible for contacting the destination country to arrange the necessary documentation.
Can I travel with a Guide Dog?
If you require the assistance of a guide dog, your canine assistant may travel at no extra charge.Your guide dog must remain at your feet, and for safety reasons, does not obstruct the aisle or emergency exits.