Does Aer Lingus have online check-in?
Yes, Aer Lingus' web check-in allows you to check in up to 30 hours before your flight departs (24 hours in advance for flights to/from the USA). Web check-in is available for:
- All flights to and from Ireland and the United Kingdom
- All flights from Ireland to continental Europe
- All flights to and from Ireland and the USA (with the exception flights departing from Orlando)
- All flights from Alicante, Berlin, Brussels, Bucharest, Budapest, DâˆšÂºsseldorf, Faro Algarve, Geneva, Gran Canaria, Hamburg, Helsinki, Lanzarote, Lisbon, Madrid, Malaga, Munich, Prague, Rome, Salzburg, Tenerife, Vienna, Vilnius, and Zurich
Online check-in for other flights departing from continental Europe will be introduced in the coming months.
What are the requirements for using web check-in?
- Check-in online 30 hours in advance (24 hours in advance to/from USA) and up to 2 hours before scheduled departure time
- Online check-in for travel from continental Europe is available up to 4 hours and 30 minutes before scheduled departure time
- Baggage acceptance at airports in Europe is only available from 2 hours 30 minutes prior to departure
- After you check-in online you can proceed directly to the Bag Tag and Drop desk where your checked luggage can be processed. Please note that Bag Tag and Drop off desks are not available at all airports.
- Seats are automatically assigned for all passengers. To change your seats, click the "Change Seats" button on the "Seating" page.
- Passengers traveling from the USA with web boarding passes must present themselves at the dedicated Web check-in counter at the airport at least 45 minutes prior to their scheduled departure time.
Make sure you leave enough time at the airport to get through security, check your bags, etc.
Can I use web check-in if I have bags to check?
Yes, you must go to a Bag Tag and Drop desk at an Aer Lingus counter at the airport before the cut-off time.
Can I change/select my seat with web check-in?
Seats are automatically assigned for all passengers. To change your seats, click the "Change Seats" button on the "Seating" page.
If I plan to check in at the airport, how much time should I allot?
- If you are traveling on a long-haul route (departing or arriving outside Europe), Aer Lingus recommends you check in at least three hours and 30 minutes before your flight's departure time.
- If you are traveling on a short-haul route (UK & Europe routes), Aer Lingus recommends you check in at least two hours and 30 minutes before your flight's departure time.