What methods of transport does Adria Airways provide for my pet?
Adria Airways permits the transport of small dogs and cats on board flights in the cabin. Larger pets may be transported in a special heated and pressurized luggage compartment in the aircraft
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
- Only dogs and cats are allowed to travel in the cabin.
- The combined weight of the pet and their carrying container must not exceed 8 kg.
- All pets must travel in a pre-approved kennel for the duration of the flight.
Does Adria Airways limit the number of pets allowed in the cabin per flight?
Yes, Adria Airways transports an average of 5 pets in the passenger cabin per month. On A320 aircraft, a maximum of 1 pet in Business class and 2 pets in Economy class are allowed. On CRJ200 aircraft, only one pet is allowed in the cabin.
Does my pet qualify to travel as checked baggage?
Pets weighing over 8 kg may travel as checked luggage.
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
Pets weighing over 8 kg may travel as cargo.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
- The fee to transport pets as freight is calculated as additional luggage by weight. Contact Adria Airways directly for specific charges.
- Animals travelling in the cabin are considered excess luggage.
What are the kennel requirements?
- The maximum dimensions of the pet carrier are: 55 x 40 x 23 cm
- All carriers must be spill-proof
- All carriers must be large enough for the animal to stand up and turn around in
- All kennels must be structured in a way that it is possible to provide the animal with water without opening the cage
What health documentation is required?
All pets must have the documents required by the destination country. In addition, all pets must have a vaccination record and a veterinary certificate stating that they are healthy.