As Shanghai Airlines is a wholly owned subsidiary of China Eastern Airlines, they follow all of the same procedures.
First Class passengers are allowed 2 bags pieces of hand baggage while Business Class and Economy Class passengers are allowed 1 piece. All pieces must not exceed 22 x 16 x 8 in (55 x 40 x 20 cm) in size and 11 lb (5kg) in weight. These dimensions include wheels, handles, and side pockets.
Checked Baggage Allowance
All pieces must be 62 in (158 cm) in total length x width x height.
- First Class: 2 pieces (3 pieces for flights to/from Europe, Australia, Japan, and Dubai), 71 lb (32 kg) each
- Business Class: 2 pieces, 71 lb (32 kg) each
- W / Class: 2 pieces, 71 lb (32 kg) each
- Economy Extra: 2 pieces, 71 lb (32 kg) each
- Economic/Economy Class: 2 pieces, 51 lb (23 kg) each
No baggage will be allowed over 110 lb (50 kg) or 39 x 24 x 16 in (100 x 60 x 40 cm). Excess/overweight baggage fees vary by destination. Click here for more information.
Some checked items, such as surfboards and bicycles will be charged a fixed handling fee because of size, fragility, or other handling requirements while others may be checked in lieu of one of your checked bags. If you plan to travel with sporting equipment, contact Shangai Airlines directly to confirm packing regulations and fees.