Carry-On Allowance: 1 Bag + 1 Personal Item
Each passenger is allowed to carry on one bag and one personal item such as a purse or briefcase. Assistive devices and outer garments do not count as personal items. All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you and adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 22 x 16 x 10 in/55 x 40 x 23 cm (length x width x height)
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 20 lb/9 kg
- Maximum Dimensions of Personal Item: 13 x 17 x 6 in/33 x 14 x 16 cm
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Checked Baggage Allowance: 2 Pieces
Each passenger is allowed two checked bags as long as they adhere to the below requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/158 cm* (length + width + height)
- Maximum Combined Weight: 50 lb/23 kg
*The only exceptions to the volume limit are skis and hockey equipment.
*Baggage fees may apply for cross-border flights to the U.S. Please contact the airline for more information.
Excess, Overweight, and Oversize Baggage Fees
- Fee for extra baggage: $25 CAD per additional bag.
- Fee for any bag weighing more than 50 lb/23 kg: $5 CAD/kg
- Any bag larger than 62 in/158 cm: Oversize bags will not be accepted
Bags weighing more than 70 lb/32 kg and exceeding 62 in/158 cm will not be accepted. The only exceptions to the volume limit are skis and hockey equipment.
If an extra bag is also overweight, passengers will be charged both fees.
Does an infant traveling on an adult's lap have a baggage allowance?
No free baggage allowance is granted to infants; however diapers, bottles, and sufficient food for the journey may be carried for free, provided the total weight articles does not exceed 20 lbs/9 kg. If this amount is exceeded, the excess weight is treated as part of the allowance of the accompanying adult passenger.
Some checked items, such as skis and bicycles will be charged a fixed handling fee because of size, fragility, or other handling requirements. Contact Porter Airlines for more information.