What methods of transport does OpenSkies provide for my pet?
- Traveling in the cabin
- Shipped as cargo in pressurized and temperature controlled area.
Does my pet qualify to travel in the cabin?
- Only cats and dogs under 6kg/13.2lbs are permitted to fly in the cabin
- Pet carrier must be ventilated and large enough for the animal to get up and move around
- Pet is not allowed to leave the transport kennel during the entire flight
- Limited to one pet per passenger
- Limited to six pets in the cabin per flight
- Medical and travel certificates must be presented
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
To travel into Europe, pets must meet the following requirements:
- Each family is limited to five animals.
- All animals must have an identifying microchip or tattoo. You must provide a scanner to read the microchip at check-in.
- Every animal must have a rabies vaccination, even if under three months old. If this is the pet's first vaccination, there must be at least 21 days between the last shot and departure.
- The animal must have a USDA health certificate, which is valid for 4 months.
If your pet does not meet the requirements for travel in the cabin or as checked baggage, or if you would like your pet to travel unaccompanied, contact BA Cargo World for more information.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
A flat fee of $196 or 125 EUR will be applied for each pet travelling in the cabin or in the cargo hold.
What are the kennel requirements?
BA Cargo World requires all kennels meet IATA regulations.
What health documentation is required?
While OpenSkies does not require a health certificate for your animal to travel domestically, some States do require health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian and the Department of Agriculture to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements. Contact OpenSkies about health documentation required for animals traveling to Hawaii and international destinations.
Are there any other restrictions?
OpenSkies can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.
How can I book this service?
All passengers wishing to travel with a pet must contact Openskies Concierge for booking.