What methods of transport does Iberia provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin.
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel in the passenger cabin:
- Pets must be kept in a suitable container with a leakproof base
- Passengers with pets may not be seated in an exit row.
- Your pet must be a dog, cat, bird, or other small animal.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel as checked baggage:
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel for the entire flight.
- The kennel meets all requirements for travel, is leak proof and your pet can stand up and turn around comfortably.
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information).
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
- Fee for animal in the passenger cabin to/from United States, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean: $80 one way
- Fee for animal checked as baggage to/from United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean: $100 one way
- Fee for animal traveling to other destinations in the cabin or as checked baggage: Contact Iberia Reservations
- Fee for animal shipped as cargo: Contact Iberia Cargo
What are the kennel requirements?
In addition to the size and weight maximums, the USDA and Iberia require that kennels meet the following requirements:
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
What health documentation is required?
While Iberia does not require a health certificate for your animal to travel domestically, some States do require health documents. As it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations, you should consult your veterinarian and the Department of Agriculture to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements. Contact Iberia about health documentation required for animals traveling to Hawaii and international destinations.
Are there any other restrictions?
Iberia can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.