Gol: Children Flying Alone

What is the Unaccompanied Minor service?

This is an assistance service offered to minors traveling alone who require assistance and support during their trip. The airline commits to accompany the children from the moment they are received at the airport, assist thejm constantly during the flight and deliver them to the person designated to receive them at their final destination. GOL Airlines provides this service.

What are the rules and restrictions for the Unaccompanied Minor service?

For domestic flights:

If your child or your legal ward is between 5 and 12 years og age will fly unaccompanied, a court authorization will be required. Note that the child must travel under the authorization of the Juvenile Court, with a personal identification document and a completed Authorization for Travel by an Unaccompanied Minor form.

Identification documents that can be used for children between 5 and 12 years of age are:

  • Unexpired Brazilian passport
  • Original identification card (RG) or a certified copy
  • Original birth certificate or certified copy

If the unaccompanied minor is between 12 and 18 years of age, he/she will not need a court authorization and can use:

  • Original identification card (RG) or a certified copy
  • Oiginal birth certificate or a certified copy
  • Valid Brazilian passport or a work permit

For international flights:

For children or adolescents between 5 and 18 years of age to travel unescorted on international flights, they must present either a travel authorization signed by both parents or a court authorization, in addition to a valid identification document. The travel authorization issued by the parents must be signed by both parents and notarized; two originals must be presented, as one will be kept by the Federal Police at the airport. Only one original copy of the court authorization need be provided.

Identification documents in this case include:

  • A valid passport or Identification Card (RG) issued by a State Public Safety Department or by the Federal District (only for travel to MERCOSUL member countries). Both must be original since copies are not accepted for international flights.