Carry-On Allowance: 1 Bag + 1 Personal Item
ExpressJet offers valet carry-on bag service. Each ticketed customer can have one valet carry-on bag, plus a smaller item such as a laptop, briefcase, etc. The carry-on must adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 51 linear in/130 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 40 lb/18 kg
Valet Carry-on Bag Service allows you to drop your bag by the airplane entrance to be collected by an agent for storage, and returned to you at the airplane's exit upon arrival. If small enough, your bag may be retained by you and stored under your seat or in the overhead compartment. Overhead compartments will accommodate bags up to 44 linear inches (18in x 16in x 10in).
In addition to your bag and personal item, you may bring:
- Collapsible wheelchairs that fit into approved cabin space
- Canes, walking sticks, braces, crutches, or other such devices
- Small, collapsible strollers, diaper bags, or government-approved child seats
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Checked Baggage Allowance: 2 Pieces
Each passenger is allowed 2 checked bags as long as each bag adheres to the below requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/157 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight: 50 lb/23 kg
Overweight Baggage Fees
Fee for any bag weighing 51-70 lb: $50
Bags weighing more than 70 lb will not be accepted.
Oversize Baggage Fees
Contact ExpressJet for the fees associated with checking oversized bags.
Excess Baggage Fees
Each additional bag will be charged $50 per flight segment. Also, only two bags in addition to your free allowance can be accepted (for a total of four bags).
Some sporting equipment such as golf clubs may be checked in lieu of baggage. Some other items, such as surfboards and bicycles may be charged a fixed handling fee because of size, fragility, or other handling requirements. If you plan to travel with sporting equipment, contact ExpressJet directly to confirm packing regulations and fee.