All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. In addition to a personal item (overcoat, laptop, purse) passengers are allowed carry-on bags as long as the total of all carry-on items does not exceed 115cm (45 inches) with a maximum weight of 10kg (22 pounds).
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Checked Baggage Allowance
Passengers traveling to to/from the US, US territories, Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central America and South America:
- Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces
- Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/157 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight for Economy Class passengers: 50 lb/23 kg
- Maximum Weight for First and Business Class passengers: 70 lb/32 kg
Passengers traveling in most other destinations:
- Maximum Weight for Economy Class Passengers: 44 lb/20 kg total
- Maximum Weight for Business Class Passengers: 66 lb/30 kg total
- Maximum Weight for First Class Passengers: 88 lb/40 kg total
IMPORTANT NOTE: There are some exceptions to the above information, depending on your destination and originating city. Be sure to check the Asiana Airlines website or contact their Reservations desk for more details or if you have questions.
Excess, Overweight, Oversize Baggage Fees
If you have more bags than the permitted allowance or your bags exceed the weight or linear restrictions, you will be charged additional fees. Contact Asiana Airlines directly for more information as this will vary by destination and departing airport.
Some sports equipment, because of size, fragility, or other handling requirements will be charged an excess fee even if the equipment replaces one of your allowed baggage pieces. Contact Asiana Airlines directly or visit their website for More Baggage Information.