What methods of transport does Volotea provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel in the passenger cabin:
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel, under the seat for the entire flight.
- Only domesticated dogs, cats, birds, rabbits and fish are allowed.
- Dogs and cats are at least 8 weeks old and have been weaned for at least 5 days before departure.
- The pet carrier is specifically made for animal carriage.
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination.
Does my pet qualify for travel as checked baggage?
Volotea does not allow a pet to travel as checked baggage.
What are the fees associated with pet transport? (as of 1 June 2018)
- €39 on volotea.com
- €39 via call center
- €60 at airport counter
What are the kennel requirements?
In addition to the size and weight maximums kennels must meet the following requirements:
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
- Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals.
- Be closed securely, but not locked.
- Have labels with the words "Live Animal" in letters at least 1-inch tall on the crate's top and on at least one side.
- Have upright arrow labels indicating kennel's correct position.
What health documentation is required?
Volotea requires s health certificate, administered by a veterinarian, that is no more than 30 days old.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.