What is Volotea’s baggage policy?
The Volotea baggage policy for regular basic fares include the following:
- 1 personal item - Fee free
- 1 carry-on item - Fee free
- Checked baggage / Hold luggage - Applicable fees per bag increase with number checked
- Overweight and Oversize bags - Applicable fees per bag depending on weight and size categories
- Sports equipment – Maximum weight is 32kg
What is Volotea’s carry-on baggage policy?
Volotea allows 1 carry-on bag and 1 personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop bag) per passenger fee free.
Carry-on and personal items’ total weight should not exceed 10kg plus abide by the following size restrictions:
- Cabin bag - 115 centimeters (55 x 40 x 20 cm) including handles and wheels
- Personal item – 75 centimeters (35 x 20 x 20 cm)
- A jacket, umbrella, diaper bag, duty free items, and assistive devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, child restraint seats, etc.) do not count towards your carry-on allowance
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
NOTE: Bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.
What is Volotea’s checked baggage / hold luggage policy?
Volotea’s standard checked baggage / hold luggage policy details follow:
- 5 bags maximum
- Maximum combined weight: 50 kilograms
Are there fees for checked baggage on Volotea?
Yes, fees apply.
Volotea’s standard checked baggage / hold luggage fees follow (as of 1 June 2018):
- €15 per piece on volotea.com for 20kg + €12 per kg over 20kg up to 32kg
- €50 at airport check-in desk per piece for 20kg + €12 per kg over 20kg up to 32kg
- €60 at the boarding gate per piece for 20kg + €12 per kg over 20kg over 20kg to 32kg
What is Volotea’s fee for excess baggage?
Volotea does not except more than five pieces.
Are there fees for sports equipment on Volotea?
Sports equipment such as skis, golf bags, fishing equipment, hockey, and lacrosse equipment will be accepted up to Volotea’s size and weight limits and will count as one checked bag/hold bag. Associated fees are applied.