Does Virgin Australia have online check-in?
Yes, Virgin Australia's web check-in allows you to check-in up to 24 hours before your flight departs. All you need is an internet connection and a printer!
What are the requirements for using web check-in?
- Check-in 1-24 hours before your flight is scheduled to depart.
- You hold a reservation for a Virgin Australia domestic flight (within Australia or New Zealand).
- You do not have a special service request (SSR) contained within your booking.
- You are traveling in a group that is less than 10 people.
Make sure you leave enough time at the airport to get through security, check your bags, etc.
Can I use web check-in if I have bags to check?
Yes, you will be able to print your boarding pass at home but will have to drop your bags at a Virgin Australia bag drop counter.
Can I change/select my seat with web check-in?
Yes, change or select your seat, but in order to reserve an exit row seat, you will need to check in at the airport.
If I plan to check in at the airport, how much time should I allot?
- Check-in begins 60 minutes prior to departure for the first flight of the day. If you are connecting to an international service after your domestic flight, Virgin Australia recommends you check-in 90 minutes before your domestic flight to complete immigration requirements.
- Check-in closes 30 minutes prior to departure.
- Boarding starts 20 minutes prior to departure.
- Virgin Australia recommends that you check in 2 hours prior to departure.
- Check in begins 3 hours prior to departure for flights from the Pacific Islands and 2 hours prior to departure for flights from Australia and New Zealand.
- Check-in closes 1 hour prior to departure.
- Boarding starts 30 minutes prior to departure.