Carry-On Allowance: 1 Bag + 1 Garment Bag + Personal Items
The carry-on bag must adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions: 23 cm x 34 cm x 48 cm (105 linear cm/41 in)
- Maximum Combined Carry-on Weight (including garment bag): 7 kg/15 lb
Suit pack or garment bag must be non rigid/unfolded and must adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions: 11 cm x 60 cm x 114 cm (185 linear cm/73 in).
In addition, the following items are allowed:
- Laptop computer, a handbag, pocketbook or purse
- An overcoat, wrap or blanket
- An umbrella without metal points, or walking stick
- A small camera or pair of binoculars
- Infant food for consumption in flight
- A pair of crutches or prosthetic devices for your use, provided that you are dependant on them for mobility
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during takeoff and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Check in limits vary for domestic and international flights. For Domestic flights the allowance also varies by the fare type.
Australia Domestic Flights
|Fare Type||Baggage Allowance included in Fare||Excess Baggage charge per Kilogram|
|Saver||No checked baggage allowance
AUD $12 fee per sector for upto 23 kg allowance (waived if you are Velocity Platinum, Gold or Silver member)
|Flexi||23 kg allowance included||Aud $15|
|Premium Economy||69 kg allowance included||Aud $15|
|Business||69 kg allowance included||Aud $15|
For international flights on Pacific or Polynesian Blue there is a fee for the checked baggage when you on the everyday low Saver fare. The fee varies and can be found here . For other fare types the checked baggage allowance is as follows
- Flexi Fares and Silver Velocity Members: 23 kg
- Velocity Gold Members: 32 kg
- Velocity Platinum Members: 69 kg
- Premium fares: 69 kg
Excess & Oversized Baggage
- You are allowed to check-in oversized baggage if each item does not exceed 32 kg in weight and if it is heavier than 32 kg, it must be shipped as freight.
- Non-Standard baggage items that are not Sporting Equipment or Infant items are weighed at check-in and charged according to their actual weight. This includes musical instruments
- Wheelchair/mobility aid is free of charge if required for personal use
- Eligible to check-in 1 car seat or booster seat, per child travelling, free of charge on both Virgin Australia or Pacific Blue domestic flight
For more details on excess baggage charges by route, visit Virgin Blue's International Excess Baggage Charges Chart.