What methods of transport does Egyptair provide for my pet?
Egyptair accommodates live animals on all flights except for Boeing 737. Animals may travel in the cabin, as checked luggage, or as cargo according to Egyptair specific requirements.
**Special requirements arise for animals travelling to the UK, South Africa, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates. Animals are not allowed to be transported to the Republic of Yemen under any conditions.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
- Only dogs, cats, and birds are allowed to travel in the cabin
- The combined weight of the pet and their carrying container must not exceed 5 kg
- The measurement of the container the animal is travelling in must not exceed 45x35x20cm
- All pets must travel in a pre-approved kennel for the duration of the flight
*These limitations do not apply to seeing eye dogs.
Does Egyptair limit the number of pets allowed in the cabin per flight?
Yes, Egyptair does limit the number of animals allowed in the cabin per flight. It is necessary to contact the Egyptair Information Office for more information
Does my pet qualify to travel as checked baggage?
Pets weighing over 5 kg may travel as checked luggage.
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
Cats and dogs travelling to the UK, South Africa, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates are only allowed to travel as cargo. In addition, any animals not accompanied by a passenger must be shipped as cargo
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Pets are not included in the normal free baggage allowance and will be charged the equivalent of one piece of excess baggage.
What are the kennel requirements?
- The maximum dimensions of the pet carrier are: 45 x 35 x 20 cm.
- All carriers must be spill-proof.
- All carriers must be large enough for the animal to stand up and turn around in.
What health documentation is required?
All pets must have the documents required by the destination country. In addition, all pets must have a valid health vaccination certificate.