What is Azul's (AD) baggage policy?
- Brazil and South American flights: Fees for checked baggage might be covered in the fare that you pay. If you did not select a fare that includes the fee then a per bag fee of R$30 may be booked and paid on the Azul Airlines website https://www.voeazul.com.br/. The fee is R$50 per bag if paying at the airport.
- USA flights:
- Business - 3 bags, not to exceed 32 kg/70 lbs each
- Economy - 2 bags, not to exceed 32 kg/70 lbs each
- Rules for infants - A child up to 2 years old (24 months) traveling as lap child does not have allowance for checked baggage/hold luggage on South American flights. A child up to 2 years old (24 months) traveling as a lap child may check one bag as checked baggage/hold luggage on USA flights.
What is Azul's (AD) carry-on baggage policy?
- Carry-on baggage is limited to one item
- Weight limit is 10 kg/22 lbs
- Size limit is 155 cm/61 in (sum of the width, height, and depth)
Are there fees for baggage on Azul (AD)?
Yes, for excess, overweight, oversized, and large sporting equipment.
What is Azul's (AD) fee for excess baggage?
- Within Brazil the fee for each additional bag is R$ 12 to R$ 30 depending on route
- Flights to the USA the following fees will be charged:
- 1 extra bag - US$ 95.00
- 2 extra bags - US$ 190.00
- 3 extra bags - US$ 285.00
- Additional per bag - USD$ 150.00
What is Azul's (AD) fee for overweight baggage?
- An overweight bag weighs between 23.1 kg/51 lbs and 45 kg/100 lbs
- Within Brazil the fee for each overweight bag is R$ 12 to R$ 30 depending on route
- Flights to the USA fee is US$ 150.00 per bag
Are there fees for sports equipment on Azul (AD)?
- Yes - Fees vary within Brazil, US$ 150.00 for USA flights - bicycles, surfboards, kiteboards, wakeboards, wave ski, antlers, javelin, and scuba gear
- No - archery, backpack, knapsack, boogie board, skim board, speed boards, bowling balls, camping equipment, fishing equipment, hockey equipment, lacrosse equipment, and golf clubs
- Not accepted for transport - hoverboards, hang gliders, kayaks, boats, sculls, canoes, and pole vaulting equipment