Can my pets travel with me?
- You must let Air Austral know that your pet is travelling with you at the time of booking.
- Call at the latest, 72 hours before your flight to confirm.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
- Only dogs and cats, weighing less than 6kg can be transported in the cabin. Assistance dogs are also welcome.
- Any other animal will be carried in the hold after clearance by Air Austral and may not leave its cage during the flight.
- The weight of the pet and container is not included in baggage allowance.
- The hold is pressurized and ventilated.
What containers are authorized on Air Austral flights?
- In the hold, pets must be carried in regulatory containers specifically designed for air travel.
- The container must be large enough for an animal to stand, turn around and lie down. It also must be ventilated and have a secure locking system.
What are some general rules for transporting your pet?
- Dogs and cats under the age of four months are accepted due to not being vaccinated yet.
- Maintain updated health documents for your pet.
- An “authorization form” for transport of pet in cabin must be completed and signed.
What animals cannot be transported?
- Any poisonous, venomous or animals with infectious diseases that may pose a threat to others are not permitted on Air Austral flights.
- The transport of 1st and 2nd category dogs.
- “Dogs of 1st (attack) and 2nd (guarding and defense) categories: big dogs of type mastiff, defined by a massive and thick body, a strong skeleton and a thick neck.”