Do I need to reserve a seat for my infant?
No. Children between 14 days and 2 years old must share a seat with a parent or guardian. Each guardian can have at most two infants. If a guardian has two infants, one infant of at least 6 months may sit in an approved car-type seat secured to a separate aircraft seat. This seat must be purchased.
Will I pay for my infant to travel?
Yes. The fee structure is as follows:
- Tickets booked online, through the call center or through a Flydubai travel agent: AED 50 plus taxes
- Conecting flights: AED 100 plus taxes
- For bookings created on a GDS by travel agents: 20% of the adult fare plus taxes
What if my child turns 2 on the trip; will I have to buy a ticket for the return flight?
Yes, a ticket will have to be purchased for any flight on which the infant will be over 2 years old.
What types of child restraint devices are allowed?
The child restraint must meet the following criteria:
- Have a solid back and seat
- Have an integral harness that is at least 2.5 cm wide and includes lap, shoulder and crotch straps
- Should not show any obvious signs of damage
- Must be labeled stating it has been approved for aviation use
- Must have labels describing the operation instructions