What methods of transport does Vietnam Airlines provide for my pet?
Vietnam Airlines allows dogs, cats, and birds to travel in the cabin or as checked baggage according to specific regulations.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
Pets are only allowed in the cabin if the passenger is travelling in Business Class, or Platinum/Elite Plus Skyteam passengers on direct flights from Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat to Charles De Gaulle (France), Shremetyevo 3 (Russia), Incheon, Busan (Korea), or Canton (China).
Does Vietnam Airlines limit the number of pets allowed in the cabin per flight?
Yes, reservations must be made at least 36 hour prior to flight departure.
Does my pet qualify to travel as checked baggage?
Yes, animals that do not meet the cabin requirements may travel as checked baggage.
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
No, Vietnam Airlines does not provide a service to ship animals as cargo.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Current fees for carriage of pets may be found here.
What are the kennel requirements?
Kennel requirements follow:
- The kennel must have enough space for your pet to stand up, lie down and turn around
- The kennel must be constructed of fiberglass, metal, rigid plastics, weld metal mesh, solid wood or plywood
- The kennel sides must be solid. One kennel side must be openable and must be locked carefully
- The interior of the container must be smooth with no sharp edges or protuberances in which the animals can injure themselves
- The floor of the kennel must be solid and leak-proof
- Any wheels must be removed prior to the flight
- The kennel must have proper ventilation
- Only one animal per kennel. Exception: two birds with similar size and weight may be shipped in one container. Bird container should be covered by muslin curtain
What health documentation is required?
All animals must have valid health and vaccination certificates, entry permits, and other documents required by the destination countries.