What methods of transport does Ural Airlines (U6) provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin.
- Checked as baggage.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the Ural Airlines (U6) passenger cabin?
Animals are eligible for transportation in cabin providing that they are transported in cages/transport containers with an adult. Several animals of the same species can be transported in one transport container. Total weight of a transport container with animals should not exceed 8 kg. The dimensions of a cage/transport container should be no more than 45x35x25 cm. Total weight with cage up to 8 kg.
Eligible for transporting in cabin:
It is forbidden to let the pet out of the transport container in any area of the aircraft, or to feed the pet during the flight.
Can I purchase a seat for my pet?
Does my pet qualify for travel on Ural Airlines (U6) as checked baggage?
- A cage/travel container should be made of plastic, glass fiber, metal, welded wire mesh or wood, solid fabric.
- The dimensions of a cage/transport container should not exceed 45x35x25 cm.
- A cage /transport container should be of sufficient size to allow an animal to stand up and turn 360 degrees.
- A cage /transport container should be clean, without unpleasant odor, and spacious for your pet. It should be equipped with ventilation openings, secure lock to prevent accidental opening.
- The bottom of a cage /transport container should be solid, waterproof, and should be covered with a non-toxic absorbent material. The container bottom should have boards to avoid any spillage of absorbent material.
What documentation is required for transporting a pet on Air North (4N)?
For flights within Russia:
- Veterinary vaccination certificate or pet passport
For flights beyond Russia:
- International veterinary certificate, issued based on a veterinary certificate and registered at Veterinary Service at a checkpoint of crossing border
- Certificate of a breed value of an exporting animal
Documents required by veterinary authorities of the country of arrival or transit*
*For passengers flying to Israel with animals it is required to have a “Permit to Import” from Veterinary Control Service of the airport Ben-Gurion. To import animals to other countries passenger should familiarize themselves and take into account the regulations of importing animals to a country of visit.
Are there any other restrictions for transporting a pet on Ural Airlines (U6)?
Please visit Ural Airlines' (U6) site for further information.
Service animals traveling on Ural Airlines (U6).
Please contact a representative at Ural Airlines' (U6) directly for detailed information about traveling with a service animal.