What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
TACA’s Unaccompanied Minor Service provides assistance to help check-in and board the minor onto the aircraft. Once onboard the aircraft, the minor is taken care of if any special needs arise. Once at the final destination, the minor is accompanied through immigration processes and baggage claim until they are safely delivered to the designated person picking them up.
*Note: This service is not available on domestic flights where there is no cabin crew.
What are the rules and restrictions for Unaccompanied Minor Service?
- The adult responsible for the minor must accompany the minor to the counter at the origin and/or the destination airport.
- The adult at the origin airport must inform TACA personnel of the information of the person picking up the minor at the destination airport.
- The adult responsible for the minor must check with the Department of Immigration in the countries of origin/destination in regards to requirements or permits required for the minor’s entry and exit.
Is this service available on all flights?
- Children between the ages of 5-14 years travelling to/from the USA must use the Unaccompanied Minor Service.
- Flights within Latin America: USD $90 each way.
- Domestic flights in Peru, Guatemala, and Honduras: USD $15 each way.
*Additional taxes may apply.
How do I book this service?
Contact TACA Airlines directly here .