Royal Air Maroc allows pets (dogs, cats, birds) in the cabin if the following requirements are met:
- The passenger must indicate when they book the trip that they wish to travel with their pet.
- The animal must not weigh more than 5 kg including their container (except for guide dogs for the blind and partially sighted and for hearing dogs).
- The animal must be placed in a solid container (crate, cage or basket) with air holes and its total dimensions must not exceed 115 cm (55 x 40 x 20 cm).
- Animals must be transported with valid documentation, such as health and vaccination certificates and entry or transit permits.
- A medical certificate confirming the passenger's disability is required for transporting service dogs accompanying passengers who are partially sighted or hard of hearing.
Alternatively, passengers on Royal Air Maroc (AT) can place their pets in cargo. However, the following requirements must be met.
- The animal must be placed in a fully secure container (robust, with a watertight floor, lockable, with air holes) which is suitable for the size of the animal.
- The container must have a luggage tag with the name and address of the owner.
- Damaged containers will not be accepted at check-in (lock needs to be in good working order).
- There should not be any hay or straw into the container.
- The passenger must indicate when they book the trip that the animal will be travelling.
- If accepted, the animal travelling in its crate with its food will not be included in the passenger's baggage allowance. The passenger will need to pay the applicable fee.
Service dogs accompanying passengers who are partially sighted, hard of hearing or who have a physical disability, and their crates and food, will be carried free of charge as extras in addition to the normal baggage allowance, in accordance with the Carrier's Regulations.
Accepting animals for transport is subject to the passenger assuming full responsibility for them.
It is important to note that Royal Air Maroc (AT) strictly Prohibits the acceptance to board in hold a snub-nosed pet. (See list below)
- British Shorthair
- Exotic Shorthair
- Scottish Fold
- American Cocker Spaniel
- Boston Terrier
- Brussels Griffon
- Bulldog - all breeds including the American, English, French and Dutch Bulldog
- Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Chihuahua (apple-headed)
- Chow Chow
- English Toy Spaniel
- Japanese Chin
- Lhasa Apso
- Mastiff – All breeds
- Pit-bull – All breeds
- Pug – All breeds
- Shih Tzu
- Tibetan Spaniel
Royal Air Maroc (AT) will not be liable for any injury, loss, delay, illness or death of pets or dogs unless such damages are solely due to its negligence.
Before the flight, the captain is informed of the presence of your pet in the hold and will take all necessary measures to ensure that it has a comfortable trip (lighting, heating, etc.).