Carry-On Allowance: 1 Bag + 1 Personal Item
Each passenger is allowed to carry on one bag and one personal item such as a laptop bag, handbag, or briefcase. Assistive devices and outer garments do not count as personal items. All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you. You must be able to lift your carry-on into the overhead storage without assistance. All carry-on bags must adhere to the following requirements:
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 56cm x 45cm x 25cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 10 kg
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Checked Baggage Allowance: Up to 20kg hold baggage per person (exc. infants)
Each bag must adhere to the below requirements:
- Maximum Weight: 20 kg
Note: The maximum single item baggage weight that will be accepted at any of Monarch's UK airports is 32kg (70lb). Any single bag weighing more than this will not be accepted at check-in.
Excess/Overweight Baggage Fees
- Shorthaul flights - £6 (GBP) / €9 (EUR) per kg
- Longhaul flights -£10 (GBP) / €15 (EUR) or agreed equivalent in local currency per kg
- Flights from USA/Dominican Republic/Maldives - $20 (USD) per kg
- Note - Longhaul includes Egypt, Kenya, Banjul and Israel
Excess baggage is accepted subject to hold space and operational capacity.
It is possible to transport certain items of sports equipment on Monarch's scheduled flights. Bulky items and golf clubs are subject to additional charges as listed below:
- Golf clubs (including bag) up to 20kg.
- £22.50 (GBP) / €33,50 (EUR) per set, per sector if paid at airport
- Carpet Bowls, Surf, Kitesurf & Body boards*
- £22.50 (GBP) / €33,50 (EUR) per item, per sector if paid at airport
- Bicycles, Hang gliders, Windsurf boards, Canoes & Kayaks up to 32kg
- £30 (GBP) / €45 (EUR) per item, per sector
- Skis & Snowboards*
- £22.50 (GBP) / €33,50 (EUR) each, per sector if paid at airport
- Scuba Dive Equipment*
- £22.50 (GBP) / €33.50 (EUR) each, per sector if paid at airport
*Subject to maximum weight of 13kgs per item.
Disclaimer: The information on this page is true and correct at the time of publication. Because airlines reserve the right to change policies at any time, see Monarch Airlines for official and up-to-date baggage restrictions.