What methods of transport does Mexicana provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin.
- Shipped as cargo in pressurized and temperature controlled area.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
The Captain of the aircraft determines whether or not the pet will be able to travel on his/her aircraft.
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel in the passenger cabin:
- Dogs and cats must be at least 8 weeks old and weaned.
- Kennels must meet minimum standards for size, strength, sanitation and ventilation.
- Kennels must be enclosed and allow room for the animal to stand, sit, breathe and rest comfortably.
- Kennels must have a solid, leak-proof floor covered with litter or absorbent lining.
- Kennels must have ventilated openings making up 14 percent of total wall space.
- Kennels must have grips or handles for lifting to facilitate handling by cargo workers.
- Each species must have its own kennel with the exception of compatible personal pets of similar size. Maximum numbers include two puppies or kittens less than 6 months old.
- Airlines require attached instructions to the kennel for feeding, watering and administering medication for any animal when traveling time is over 24 hours.
- Airlines and state health officials generally require health certificates for all animals transported by air. A licensed veterinarian who examined the animal within 10 days of transport must issue health certificates.
- A 4.5-hour check-in time is required for international flights.
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
Mexicana does accept pets on some flights as checked baggage or as air cargo. Check with their air cargo department for more information and rates.
What are the kennel requirements?
The owner must travel on same flight with the pet and must provide a leak-proof kennel for air transportation. The maximum size for a kennel to fit under the seat is 30 cm width x 40 cm length x 18 cm height. For flights F-100 the dimensions must be 30 cm x 50 cm x 37 cm. Any kennel larger than this will have to be checked-in to be placed in the baggage cabin and must have a maximum size of 65 cm x 1.10 m x 75 cm.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
The cost of transportation for each pet is $90 USD each way (plus taxes) on all international flights and $45 each way (plus taxes) on flights within Mexico. Transportation is subject to space and same-day authorization. Pets will be registered on a first-come/first-served basis.
What health documentation is required?
In addition to Mexicana's requirements of an International Veterinary Health Certificate issued within 10 days of travel and proof of rabies vaccination, it is the passenger's responsibility to be aware of all regulations of the country to which you are traveling. You should consult your veterinarian and the local authorities to ensure that your animal will comply with all requirements.
Are there any other restrictions?
Mexicana Airlines can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
How do I register my pet?
If you purchase your tickets online, contact the Internet Support Desk to register your pet. Call 1-800-531-3585, from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m., CST, from the United States and Canada. If you are located in Mexico, call 01 (800) 509-8960, or (55) 5448-1050 from Mexico City.
Please contact the airline directly for information about traveling with a service animal.