What methods of transport does Jet Airways provide for my pet?
- Checked as baggage in pressurized and temperature controlled area of your aircraft.
Jet Airways policy with respect to Carriage of animals:
- Domestic flights (except ATR-operated flights): domesticated dogs, cats, birds, and rabbits are permitted.
- International flights (except flights to/from UK, flights into Kozhikode, Kochi): Domesticated dogs and cats only.
- Some countries prohibit import of certain aggressive breeds of dogs, hybrid dogs/cats, or transport by air of pug-nosed dogs.
- The animal must be at least eight weeks old.
- The passenger must carry a moisture-absorbent mat, appropriate food, and a container for water.
- The animal must be leashed or harnessed to the passenger's seat belt.
- If possible, the animal should be muzzled during the flight.
- The animal is not allowed to occupy a passenger seat.
- The passenger must comply with all local regulations for the departure, transfer point, and destination.
- This includes but is not limited to Customs, Quarantine and Health Regulations, which vary from country to country, Animal/Pet Travel Schemes, e-tagging/micro-chipping, Import/Export formalities, vaccinations, health inspections, certificates, animal passports, tests and treatments and foodstuff import/export regulations if carrying food for the animal.
- Only one service animal per flight.
- The passenger should never be seated in a way that the animal would impede access to the aisle or the emergency exit.
What are the kennel requirements?
- The minimum container, packaging and handling requirements as published in the IATA Live Animals Regulations must be met. These regulations prescribe the materials to be used, size, frame, etc.
- The container should be escape proof, leak proof, and of the proper size.
- It should have ample ventilation.
- The container must not be of a chewable material.
- Each animal in the container must have enough space to turn about easily while standing, to stand and sit erect and to lie in a natural position.
- The cage must be properly secured.
- Pets are usually accepted on a one to one basis per container. However two small pets of the same species and same owner can share a container if they are between 8 weeks and not weighing more than 10 kg each, or, a mother with offspring of less than 4 months.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
The container will be charged as excess baggage, and the weight of the pet along with the container is taken into consideration when charging excess baggage.
- Weight Concept: The weight of the pet plus container is charged for, whether within the Free Baggage Allowance or not.
- Piece Concept: The container inclusive of the pet is considered as an additional piece, irrespective of the number of pieces of baggage the passenger has.
Excess baggage is charged by piece. If also overweight or oversized, additional excess baggage charges will apply.
What health documentation is required?
- Health certificate from authorized agency at origin.
- Vaccination record with rabies vaccination date (some countries may exempt Rabies-free areas)
- Other documents may be required, depending on the local regulations.
- All documents must be in English, unless otherwise specified.
- For Bahrain, the documents, including the up-to-date immunization report must be faxed to Mr Majid Alwasifi for approval, along with the passenger's contact details and the Jet Airways Bahrain Office contact details.
Are there any other restrictions?
Jet Airways can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
Please contact the Jet Airways directly for more information about traveling with a service animal.