What is Eurowings (EW or 4U) baggage policy?
The Eurowings (EW or 4U) baggage policy for regular basic fares include the following:
• Carry-on baggage – 1 carry-on bag
• Checked baggage / Hold luggage – Up to 5 bags. Applicable fees per bag increase with number checked
• Overweight and Oversize bags - Applicable fees per bag depending on weight and size categories
• Sports equipment - Certain items might have applicable fees
What is Eurowings (EW or 4U) carry-on baggage policy?
Eurowings (EW or 4U) allows 1 carry-on bag per passenger fee free.
A carry-on bag or a foldable garment bag should not exceed the following weight and size restrictions:
• Bag – maximum weight 8 kg or 17 lb; maximum dimensions 118 centimeters (55 x 40 x 23 cm) or 47 linear inches (22 x 16 x 9 in) including handles and wheels
• Foldable garment bag – maximum weight 8 kg or 17 lb; maximum dimensions 126 centimeters (57 x 54 x 15 cm) or 51 linear inches (22 x 21 x 6 in)
• Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you
• A jacket, umbrella, diaper bag, duty free items, and assistive devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, child restraint seats, etc.) do not count towards your carry-on allowance
NOTE: Bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.
What is Eurowings (EW or 4U) checked baggage / hold luggage policy?
Eurowings (EW or 4U) standard checked baggage / hold luggage policy details follow:
• Up to 5 bags maximum may be checked and, depending on fare type, the first one might be free
• Maximum dimensions: 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height)
• Maximum weight: 32 kilograms or 70 pounds
Are there fees for baggage on Eurowings (EW or 4U)?
Yes, fees might apply. They are determined by the type of fare you purchase and your destination.
Eurowings (EW or 4U) standard checked baggage / hold luggage fees follow:
• First bag: €9 – 30 per route, online; €18 – 60 per route at the airport counter
• Second bag: €75 – 150 per route
What is Eurowings (EW or 4U) fee for overweight baggage?
Eurowings (EW or 4U) will charge a surcharge of €50 in addition to the checked baggage fee for bags that are greater than the standard 32 kilograms or 70 pounds up to 41 kilograms or 90 pounds.
What is Eurowings (EW or 4U) fee for oversize baggage?
Eurowings (EW or 4U) will not transport oversize baggage.
Are there fees for sports equipment on Eurowings (EW or 4U)?
Sports equipment such as skis will be accepted up to Eurowings (EW or 4U) size and weight limits and will count as one checked/hold bag. Other sports equipment such as golf bags, sports weapons, bicycles, bodyboards, surfboards, sailboards, hang gliders and diving equipment will be charged a €50 surcharge in addition to the checked baggage fee.