All carry-on luggage must fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you and adhere to the following requirements determined by class of travel:
Economy Class Allowance: 1 Carry-On
- Maximum Dimensions of Carry-on Luggage: 22in x 15in x 8in/55cm x 38cm x 20cm (length x width x height)
- Maximum Weight of Carry-on Luggage: 15 lb/7 kg
First and Business Class Allowance: 1 Briefcase + either 1 handbag or 1 Garment Bag
- Maximum Dimensions of Briefcase: 18in x 14in x 8in/55cm x 38cm x 20cm (length x width x height)
- Maximum Dimensions of Handbag: 22in x 15in x 8in/55 cm x 38cm x 20cm (length x width x height)
- Maximum Dimensions of Garment Bag (when folded): 8 in/20 cm
- Maximum Combined Weight of Carry-on: 26 lb/12 kg
REMINDER: Bulkhead seats do not have underseat storage during take-off and landing.
Read Bulkheads Explained
Checked Baggage Allowance
Passengers traveling to/from the North and South America:
- Economy Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces
- Economy Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/158 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight for Economy Class Passengers: 50 lb/23 kg
- Business/First Baggage Allowance: 2 pieces
- Business/First Maximum Dimensions: 62 linear inches/158 cm (length + width + height)
- Maximum Weight for Business/First Class Passengers: 70 lb/32 kg
Passengers traveling to other destinations can contact Emirates or view baggage chart.
Overweight Baggage Fees
Fee for any bag weighing between 50-70 pounds (23kgs-32kgs): $25 USD
Any single bag weighing over 70 pounds/32 kg will not be accepted.
Excess and Oversize Baggage Fees
If you have more bags than the permitted allowance or your bags exceed the linear restrictions, you will be charged additional fees. Please contact Emirates directly for more information.
Some checked items, such as surfboards and bicycles will be charged a fixed handling fee because of size, fragility, or other handling requirements. For more information, contact Emirates directly or visit their sports equipment information page.