What is Cayman Airways’ baggage policy?
The Cayman Airways baggage policy for regular basic fares include the following:
- 1 carry-on/cabin bag - Fee free
- Checked baggage / Hold luggage – Economy Class - 2 pieces (fees applicable); Business Class – 3 pieces (fee free)
- Overweight and Oversize bags - Applicable fees per bag depending on weight and size categories
- Sports equipment - Certain items might have applicable fees
What is Cayman Airways’ carry-on/cabin baggage policy?
Cayman Airways allows 1 carry-on/cabin bag per passenger fee free.
Carry-on/cabin bag should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
- 45 linear inches (24 x 16 x 11 in) or 114 centimeters (60 x 40 x 28 cm) including handles and wheels
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
NOTE: Bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on/cabin baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.
What is Cayman Airways’ checked baggage / hold luggage policy?
Cayman Airways’ standard checked baggage / hold luggage policy details follow:
- Economy Class - 2 bags standard
- Business Class - 3 bags standard
- Maximum dimensions per bag: 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height)
- Maximum weight per bag: 55 pounds or 25 kilograms (NOTE: When traveling to Cayman Brac or Little Cayman via Twin Otter aircraft, the total maximum allowance is 55 pounds or 25 kilograms per person – combined weight of 2 bags and only one 15 pound or 7 kilograms per person)
Are there fees for baggage on Cayman Airways?
Yes, fees apply for Economy Class fares depending on route to/from Grand Cayman (GCM).
- Denver (DEN) and New York (JFK): First bag – US$25.00; Second bag – US$35.00
- Havana (HAV), Kingston (KIN), La Ceiba (LCE), Miami (MIA), Montego Bay (MBJ), Roatan (RTB), and Tampa (TPA): First bag – US$20.00; Second bag – US$20.00
What is Cayman Airways’ fee for excess baggage?
- Third, fourth and fifth – US$50.00 each
- Sixth, seventh and eighth – US$75.00 each
What is Cayman Airways’ fee for overweight baggage?
Cayman Airways will charge the following for bags that are greater than the standard 55 pounds or 25 kilograms:
- 56 to 99 pounds or 25 to 45 kilograms: US$75.00 extra per bag
- Bags exceeding 100 pounds or 45 kilograms will not be accepted as checked baggage / hold luggage.
What is Cayman Airways’ fee for oversize baggage?
Cayman Airways will charge US$75.00 extra for bags that are from 63 to 120 linear inches or from 158 to 305 centimeters. Bags greater than 120 linear inches or 305 centimeters will not be accepted as checked baggage / hold luggage.
Are there fees for sports equipment on Cayman Airways?
Sports equipment such as golf bags, fishing equipment and scuba equipment will be accepted up to Cayman Airways’ size and weight limits and will count as one checked bag/hold bag. Applicable fees apply if traveling in Economy Class. Fees for large sports equipment apply as follows:
- Bicycle – conventional – US$50.00
- Ski equipment – Skis, ski poles and boots – US$95.00 per set
- Surfboards – US$95.00 per board
- Windsurfing – Board, boom and sail – US$95 per set