If you're planning to travel with your pet on Air North (4N), and you plan to carry-on your pet or send them as cargo or checked baggage, you must contact reservations at (867) 668.2228 ext 1 or toll free in North America 1.800.661.0407 ext 1 prior to travel, to ensure space is reserved for your pet. If space is not reserved, Air North (4N) will base their acceptance on "first come, first served".
What methods of transport does Air North (4N) provide for my pet?
- Travel in the passenger cabin on Air North.
- Checked as baggage on Air North.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the Silver Airways (and Seaborne Airlines) passenger cabin?
Pets that meet the following qualifications can travel in the passenger cabin:
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel, under the seat for the entire flight.
If you are flying on Air North's (4N) Boeing 737s – 18 inches long x 15 inches wide x 9 inches high
If you are flying on Air North's (4N) HS748 / ATR-42 – 15 inches long x 11 inches wide x 9 inches high
- Air North allows one pet per customer. One Dog, one Cat, one Rabbit or one Bird. No exceptions.
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see Air North's (4N) site for more information).
Can I purchase a seat for my pet?
No. Due to Transport Canada regulations all animals in the cabin must remain within their kennels for the duration of the flight. The kennel must be under the seat in front of the guest that is transporting the animal.
Does my pet qualify for travel on Air North (4N) as checked baggage?
Pets may travel as checked baggage on Air North (4N) flights and should be booked ahead of time. Please contact reservations at (867) 668.2228 ext 1 or toll free in North America 1.800.661.0407 ext 1 as early as possible to ensure your animal(s) may travel with you.
Checked pets that meet the following qualifications can travel as checked baggage:
- Your pet can comfortably remain in its kennel for the entire flight.
- The kennel meets all requirements, see Air North's (4N) site for more information.
- Your pet has all necessary health documents required by your destination (see below for more information).
What are the fees associated with pet transport on Air North (4N)?
|Small||$50.00 + tax
($52.50-$56.50 incl. GST/PST/HST)
|27" (69cm)||19.5" (50cm)||19" (48cm)|
|Medium||$75.00 + tax
($78.75-$84.75 incl. GST/PST/HST)
|32" (81cm)||22.25" (57cm)||23" (58cm)|
|Large||$75.00 + tax
($78.75-$84.75 incl. GST/PST/HST)
|36" (91cm)||26" (66cm)||26" (66cm)|
|X-Large||$100.00 + tax
($105.00-$113.00 incl. GST/PST/HST)
|40.5" (103cm)||29.5" (75cm)||30.5" (77cm)
What are the kennel requirements for transporting a pet on Air North (4N)?
Kennels must meet the following requirements:
- The kennel must be airline transport approved.
- Be leak-proof, escape-proof and the door must fasten securely.
- Containers used for the carriage of live animals must comply with IATA Live Animals Regulations and adhere to points (1) and (2).
- Kennel door must be constructed of welded or cast metal. Plastic or top-opening doors are not allowed.
- The kennel door should be secured, but not with a locking device, which an agent cannot open in case of an emergency situation. Zip Ties are recommended.
- Be large enough for the animal to stand, turn around, sit and lie comfortably in a natural manner. Use Air North's (4N) Kennel Guidelines to help ensure your pet has the room it needs.
- Be clean, with no offensive odors and contain absorbent material.
- The use of straw, hay or wood shavings is prohibited.
- Kennel must be free of wheels.
- Be adequately ventilated.
- Not be collapsible or foldable.
- Be marked with the words "live animal" on the top.
- Attached labels with the shipper and consignee's name, street address and phone number and also the name of the pet travelling, to allow our agents to better reassure the animal if talking to him/her.
What documentation is required for transporting a pet on Air North (4N)?
No special documentation is required for a pet to travel in the cabin unless traveling into the United States.
Pets travelling into or out of the United States will require:
- Health certificate
- Value of shipment
- Minimum of 8 weeks old.
Are there any other restrictions for transporting a pet on Air North (4N)?
Please visit Air North's (4N) site for further information.
Service animals traveling on Air North (4N).
Please contact a representative at Air North (4N) directly for detailed information about traveling with a service animal.