What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Charges for the carriage of pets will be the normal excess baggage charges. The animal and container are not allowed to count as part of the free baggage allowance.
What are the kennel requirements?
- Be leak-proof and escape-proof.
- Be properly ventilated, but not allow any part of the animal from protruding outside of the container.
- Provide enough room for the animal to stand and turn around.
- Be made of metal, wood, or a hard plastic/composite.
- Contain absorbent material or litter.
- Have functional handles on the kennel's exterior to prevent tilting and any direct contact with the animals.
- Be closed securely, but not locked.
- Have labels with the words "Live Animal" in letters at least 1-inch tall on the crate's top and on at least one side.
- Have upright arrow labels indicating kennel's correct position.
What health documentation is required?
Pets must have valid health and rabies vaccination certificates, entry permits, and other documents required by countries of entry. Pets will be accepted at owner's risk and are subject to the requirements of the carrier. Air India is not responsible if a pet is refused entry into or passage through any country or territory.
Are there any other restrictions?
Air India can refuse to transport an animal due to illness, aggressive behavior, poor kenneling, or extreme temperatures at origin, transfer, or destination airports.
Please contact Air India directly for information about traveling with a service animal.