What is Air Astanas' policy regarding Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Young children traveling without a parent or legal guardian are considered to be Unaccompanied Minors. Air Astana provides a service to assist these children from their point of departure to their final destination for both domestic and international flights.
What age does my child have to be to qualify as an Unaccompanied Minor?
- Domestic Kazakhstan flights: Children ages 6-14 year (The airfare is 50% of the applicable adult airfare).
- International flights: Children ages 6-11 years (The airfare is 75% of the applicable adult airfare). Children 12-14 (the airfare is the applicable adult airfare).
What are the requirements of this service?
The unaccompanied child must arrive at the airport to check-in no later than 1.5 hours prior to departure with the guardian. All identifying documents and visas must be presented for verification.
Are there any flight restrictions?
- Unaccompanied Minors cannot travel on an itinerary that involves a change of aircraft.
- Air Astana will accept unaccompanied children when their itinerary includes a connection to/from another airline, including codeshare partners.
- Unaccompanied minors will not be accepted for travel on domestic or international flights departing between 23:00 to 6:00.
- Certain countries have extensive regulations and laws regarding unaccompanied minors arriving and departing. Check with an Air Astana representative for exact details
How do I book this service?
Contact an Air Astana representative via email at firstname.lastname@example.org You may also contact a representative at a call centre, city ticket office, or airport check-in counter.