What methods of transport does Malev S7 provide for my pet?
S7 provides transportation options for dogs, cats, and birds with prior approval by the airline.
Does my pet qualify for travel in the passenger cabin?
- Dogs, cats, and birds not exceeding 8 kg (with kennel) may travel as hand luggage.
- The only exception to animal requirements is for seeing-eye dogs with a valid certificate. These dogs will be allowed in the cabin with a muzzle.
Does S7 limit the number of pets allowed in the cabin per flight?
Yes, be sure to notify the airline of any pets being transported at least 24 hours prior to departure. S7 only allows 2 animals in the cabin on each flight.
Does my pet qualify to travel as checked baggage?
Yes, pets who do not qualify as hand luggage may be able to travel as checked luggage. Passengers may call the S7 call center for more information: 8-800-200-000-7.
Does my pet qualify to be shipped as cargo?
Yes, pets who do not qualify as hand luggage may be able to travel as cargo. Passengers may call the S7 call center for more information: 8-800-200-000-7.
What are the fees associated with pet transport?
Pet fees are charged as excess baggage based on the weight of the animal and kennel. Passengers may contact the S7 call center for applicable fees: 8-800-200-000-7.
What are the kennel requirements?
- All animals carried as hand luggage must be placed in a kennel made of hard plastic or wood, or a metal cage. The bottom of the kennel must be waterproof.
- The weight of the kennel and animal inside the kennel must not exceed 8 kg. If two animals are carried in one kennel, the combined weight must not exceed 14 kg.
- The cage dimensions must not total more than 115 centimeters.
- The animal must be able to stand up and turn around in the kennel.
What health documentation is required?
All animals must pass through vet control before check-in at the Vet Control Service in the departure airport. Owners must provide a vet passport and certificate in order to travel with their animals. All animals must have had a rabies vaccination made within one year and one month before departure.