What is Unaccompanied Minor Service?
Young children traveling without a parent or legal guardian are considered to be Unaccompanied Minors. Most airlines provide a service to assist these children from their point of departure to their final destination.
What age does my child have to be to qualify as an Unaccompanied Minor?
The service is mandatory for children ages 5-14 traveling without an adult who is at least 18 years old. For inter-island flights, children ages 5-11 are required to have unaccompanied minor service unless traveling with an adult who is at least 16 years old. Children over 15 years old are not required to travel as unaccompanied minors, but the service is optional for this age group as well.
Children under 5 years of age are not allowed to travel unless accompanied by an adult.
What are the fees associated with this service?
Fee for an Unaccompanied Minor on inter-island flights: $35 one way
Fee for an Unaccompanied Minor on non-stop flight between mainland USA and Hawaii: $50 one way
Fee for an Unaccompanied Minor on connecting flight between mainland USA and Hawaii: $75 one way
Are there any flight restrictions?
- Unaccompanied Minors ages 5-7 are only allowed on direct and non-stop flights.
- Unaccompanied Minors ages 8-11 are only allowed on connecting flights if they are within Hawaii.
- The maximum ground time between connecting flights for Unaccompanied Minors is two (2) hours.
- Unaccompanied Minors are not allowed on flights to international destinations or American Samoa.
- Unaccompanied Minors are not allowed on a flight departing between 9p.m. 5:00 a.m. unless travel is on flights operating out of Honolulu which are the only flight of the day.
- Unaccompanied Minors are not allowed to travel on the last connecting flight of the day to their final destination or which require an overnight stay in order to make a connection.
- Unaccompanied Minors are not allowed on code-share flights.
How do I book this service
Call Hawaiian Airlines Reservations.